How do I become more focused and balanced?
I want to wake up each morning refreshed, at peace, and inspired for a new day.
What is preventing me from . . .
. . . being refreshed?
- Going to bed too late
- Being on the computer too late and too much
- Feeling stressed
- Sometimes not eating well or getting enough exercise
. . . being at peace?
- Experiencing stress
- Focusing on external circumstances beyond my control
- Lacking organization
- Needing time for reflecting/meditating/reflecting
. . . being inspired for a new day?
- Experiencing a lack of direction
- Feeling overwhelmed at points
- Facing difficult and sometimes mundane tasks
I’ve decided to try an experiment. Each day over the next month I will be intentional about what I will do to be more focused, refreshed, at peace, and inspired for the day. In essence, I will strive to be more centered and present.
So, for 30 days, I will:
- Simplify (media, stuff, obligations, worries)
- Focus on relationships (with the Divine, myself, my husband, my daughter, family, friends)
- Choose happiness and virtuous responses (From A Blog About Love, choose Love, Kindness, Forgiveness, Gratitude, Hope)
- Reflect and record (brief reflections and what I’m learning)